The Fish House and its sister restaurant, Atlas Oyster House, are offering another series of cooking symposiums to preserve the art and tradition of fine Southern cooking, passing on our Southern traditions one recipe at a time.
The series will take place during the fall and winter months on the enclosed outdoor Deck Bar located behind the Fish House restaurant. Fish House and Atlas chefs will teach classes. They will demonstrate traditional Southern cooking methods and suggest ways to modernize each recipe without losing its Southern roots.
Classes are limited to first come, first served. There is also a happy hour available on the Deck Bar for guests to enjoy before and during the class.
Proposed schedule (all classes are the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. on the Deck Bar):
· October 12, 2010 "Jimmy Dean
· November 09, 2010 "Her name was Lulu. That woman sure could cook." How to cook Chicken Lulu
· December 14, 2010 No class due to the holiday season.
· January 11, 2011 "Date night" - How to host your own sushi rolling party.
· February 08, 2011 "Sweet treats for a sweet heart" - How to cook something sweet for your sweetheart this Valentine